"A journey of a thousand miles", they say "Starts with a single step". HTS (Hogwarts - The School)
a RPG site created by me, took that first step yesterday. (Link in the corner>)
Still not off maintenance mode , HTS took the first step yesterday because I finished making all the 25+ boards, and the headers and footers. I also managed to post in many of there boards. Now, I require the graphics and the codes...and I can safely say that in around a week or so more, HTS will be ready to launch out to the world. I don't want to make the mistake I made last time with my site Angel castle, I launched to early, and I never managed to actually make the board. I left it, because I forgot the drive, the passion required to be the Headmistress of a forum. If you would like to see - angelcastle.proboards67.com - it was not the fault of the site. Only mine. I was reminded of this passion yesterday, and inspiration struck anew. I thought of the stereotypical RPG's that were starting these days...and my plot hath struck me.
A million years after the days of Harry Potter and the golden trio who defeated Lord Voldermort, Hogwarts has risen again. This time, as the school it is truly supposed to be.
No more Death eaters, Voldermort, Order of the Phoenix, or DA. The worst trouble we are having is a few misguided slytherins, and a prankster group of students.
HTS strives to create a world out of the stereotyped Harry Potter RPG's. Our motto is 'Be original'. We don't have everything from the books and the movies, only some of it. We encourage creation, orignality and a sense of no-stereotypism. Gone are the days when every slytherin had cruel parents, every ravenclaw was a bookworm and camped out in the library, hufflepuff's were the loser house, and gryffindors were the misguided, much too brave versions of Harry Potter. Gone are the days of Mary-Sue's and Gary-Stu's. Of opressed house elves and wicked vampires.
HTS wants to create an atmosphere or friendly, carefree roleplaying, classes and fun. The much cooler version of commonplace school with a magical twist. We want a friendly community of role-players, each helping the other progress, each helping the other out. Even the newest role-players have a lot to contribute...we all start somewhere!
Come and join to be a part of this revolution. Of this role-playing spirit about to be born.
HTS has had a major inspiration, and I've grown since Angel Castle. I wanted my forum to be as professional as possible. If you will see the site once it is off MM, you will see that everything which is signed is signed HTS administration, staff and your very own headmistress, though I am the only member on the forum. It is the most professional way to do things.
Now...some background information is the need of the moment. Just a moment.
I am a very experienced roleplayer. As a hogwarts student, I've usually been a ravenclaw, and my charachter everything from the ravenclaw prefect to headgirl. My other favourite is the non-stereotype slytherin, the ambitious, hard-driven charachter.
For teaching, I reccomend seeing the following application I fill recently for WEC, another forum.
Character Name:Destiny Rahl/Star Diley/Angela Lane
School(s) taught at:Well, for the intrest of the privacy of those schools I used to teach at, I will not say. But...I can name a current school [as Angela Lane] I teach at...CH(I don't think we're registered...so I'm out of employment at the moment. Actually...this is because I'm a little busy, and I need to work on my own forum [which I will register here as soon as I have opened it].
Subject(s) taught:Charms, Occulmency, Potions, Transfiguration, Muggle Studies, Herbology, Wandless Magic, Divination [though only shortly], Animagi and Astronomy.
Hmm...impressive list, even if I say so myself.
Now...time to bid adieu. Till next time,
Welcome
Welcome...where do I begin? This blog is a rich collection of memories...the memories of HTS Academy (Or let us just say Hogwarts - The School). With this site, a lot of things have come alive. Including me. It has taught me about administration and advertising, and also about relationships with people and other admins. I have learned, sometimes the hard way, that people aren't always as they seem.
Join me in my journey, and the journey of HTS. My site, and my life.
Saturday, 2 December 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment